(Top): Along with formal computer labs, the university offers plenty of social nooks where students can collaborate on projects. Wi-Fi is available in all major buildings and most open areas of the campus.
More than 5,500 students “call #UARKHome.” For them, life on campus means literally living on campus.
University Housing offers 20 residential communities across campus in a variety of architecture styles – traditional, semi-suite and suite style.
Freshmen are required to live on campus. Ask any student about their early college life, and you’re bound to hear a story about that “one time” in Pomfret or Maple Hill or “The Quad.”
Residence halls are more than just a place to rest your head for the night. Campus partnerships and a commitment to designing spaces that promote community mean University Housing offers some unexpected points of interest.
Did You Know?
1. Opportunities to Volunteer. Walton Hall houses the Jane B. Gearhart Full Circle Food Pantry. The student-led pantry provides food to those who need a meal. And volunteers are always welcome.
2. Academic Engagement. Classes are held daily in Pomfret Hall and the Maple Hill complex. This includes an advising center in Maple Hill East through a partnership with Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences. The Enhanced Learning Center provides academic support such as tutoring and writing assistance. The center maintains outreach space in Gregson and Futrall halls.
3. A Delicious Laboratory. You can find a student-managed restaurant called the Innovation Cafe inside Founder’s Hall. This living lab gives hospitality students a chance to practice being restauranteurs.
4. International Invitations. Holcombe Hall is the most international residence hall on campus. Nearly 40 percent of its 144 students are from another country. That’s why the International Students and Scholars Office makes its home on the first floor. Stop by and say hello in any language you wish.
5. Home Theater. Hotz and Futrall Halls come fully equipped with their own movie theaters. Residents love a movie night in the plush seats.